DECLARATION OF CONGRESS II OF WEST PAPUA NATIONAL COMMITTEE (KNPB)
In the name of the ancestors of West Papua; in the name of the scattered bones across this land; in the name of the guerilla freedom fighters in the jungle; in the name of they who have to live at refugee camps; and in the name of they who have to live in exile abroad.
We, the West Papua National Committee (KNPB), as a national tool of West Papuan people will keep fighting to achieve the fulfillment of our right to self-determination through referendum as a democratic solution.
Today, we would like to publicly deliver the result of Congress II of KNPB which took place in Jayapura on 23-25 October 2018 and attended by 600 delegates from 29 local KNPB across West Papua and 7 KNPB consulates in Indonesia.
Based on critical and thorough analysis regarding West Papua liberation movement dynamics from suggestions, inputs and discussions of commissions during Congress II of KNPB; the forum of Congress II has elected a new cabinet of Central KNPB and determined resolutions which represent all KNPB delegates who are the leaders of West Papuan people. We decided to fight for the goal of West Papuan people to be politically independent through referendum as a peaceful and democratic solution.
In order to achieve the goal, KNPB calls for:
1. Public mobilization towards National Civil Strike as the agenda of national action of West Papua;
2. All West Papuan people and liberation movement organizations to re-recognize the West Papua Liberation Army (TPNPB) as the only military wing of West Papua;
3. The strengthening of West Papua political body as a representative body and participatory democracy tool for West Papuan people;
4. Support the unity of diplomats inside the coordinative body of the United Liberation Movement of West Papua (ULMWP) on international level;
5. Congress II of KNPB has democratically elected and inaugurated the new Central KNPB cabinet as follows:
Chairperson: Agus Kossay
Head I: Warpo Wetipo
General Secretary: Feronika Hubi
Secretary I: Mecky Yeimo
National Spokesperson: Ones Suhuniap
International Spokesperson: Victor F. Yeimo
Treasurer: Patrick Logo
and commissariats and divisions based on the needs of the struggle.
This concludes the result of Congress II of KNPB. We thank you for the attention.
Port Numbay, 30 October 2018
Chairman of KNPB